This is a generic information which has been developed for all the volunteer friends that want to collaborate in the 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championship. It does not constitute legal advice.
This document is not intended to be a legally binding contract between us and it may be cancelled at any time by either us or you.
1. You are a volunteer.
You are applying for a position as a volunteer role at the 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championship. This means that, if you accept the role, you perform all duties on a voluntary basis and you will not receive remuneration or payment for your work, other than reasonable benefits as part of the organizing committee as volunteer.
Neither the organisers of the 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championship or myself as a volunteer, intend any employment or contractual relationship to be created (ie. you are not an employee, independent contractor or consultant at the 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championship. If this changes at any time, and there is a possibility that you might undertake paid work for the organisation or be involved in vocational training, we will discuss this and document the arrangement in a formal employment contract, contract for services or other arrangement.
2. What you can expect when volunteering at the 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championship.
values its volunteers and we will endeavour to provide you with:
- A position description so you understand your role and the tasks you are authorised to perform.
- A full induction, orientation, and any training necessary for the volunteer role.
- A safe environment in which to perform your role.
- Respect for your privacy, including keeping your private information confidential.
- A supervisor, so that you could ask questions and get feedback.
- Insurance to cover you for the volunteer duties you are authorised to perform.
3. What the 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championships asks of its volunteers?
We ask that you to:
- Support the 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championship aims and objectives.
- Participate in all relevant induction and training programs.
- Only undertake duties you are authorised to perform and always operate under the direction and supervision of nominated staff and obey reasonable directions and instructions.
- Understand and comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Notify your supervisor or another member of staff of any health and safety issues or potentially hazardous situations that may pose a risk to you or others and report any accidents or incidents relating to staff, volunteers, or the workplace.
- Behave appropriately and courteously to all staff, clients and the public in the course of your role.
- Use any property or equipment given to you in your role safely and only for purpose of the role and return it to the organisation when you finish your volunteer role.
- Let us know if you wish to change the nature of your contribution (e.g. hours, role) to the 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championships at any time.
- Comply with the law at all times, and
- Be open and honest in your dealings with us and let us know if we can improve our volunteer program and the support that you receive.
4. Contact person.
Your contact person at the event is the volunteer manager that will be advised at the venue. If you have any questions or concerns about your role, your health and safety, or if there is any assistance you need to help you undertake your role, please contact with your volunteer manager as soon as possible.
5. Role description and details
By accepting your role tasks, I assume the time commitment during the event or the details and location of my help.
It is important that you only perform the tasks in this role description and that you follow the instructions of my team leader and the Race management staff.
It is important that you only perform the tasks in the role description and as instructed by the organisation to be covered by the insurance of the organisation.
It is also important that you are not affected by drugs or alcohol when you are volunteering.
If you are unsure whether a particular task or work is authorised, please do not hesitate to talk to your contact person.
6. The health and safety of you and others.
At the 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championship volunteer safety, and the safety of everyone who is involved in our organisation, is a priority.
Local regulations, the Health and Safety applies to many volunteers because all organisations that engage workers on a paid basis or manage or control a workplace can owe duties to everyone in the organisation (including volunteers).
Also, there may be other legal actions (such as negligence claims) that mean we always need to consider work health and safety issues.
Under the Laws , the 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championship has a duty of care to minimise risks to everyone affected by its conduct (including paid employees and volunteers).
It also means that as a volunteer, you may have duties too. These include:
- to take reasonable care for your own health and safety.
- to take reasonable care for the health and safety of others.
- to comply with any reasonable instruction by the management of the event.
- to let the organisers know of any concerns you may have about safety and/or fitness in undertaking our role, and
- to cooperate with any reasonable policies and procedures established.
We will provide you with a full induction, safety equipment and role training when you commence as a volunteer role with our organisation. However, please do not hesitate to talk to your contact officer at any time if you have any health and safety concerns.
7. Induction and training required before you start in the volunteer role.
The 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championship is committed to providing suitable training in support of our health and safety, discrimination, and privacy policies. For this reason it is our policy that all volunteers undertake induction and/or training at the event prior to commencing their volunteer position or already have that training period in advance demonstrated.
We will be holding some volunteers induction sessions prior the event and, if needed, before the races daily.
Please contact with your area responsible to confirm you are able to attend this session or for details of alternative sessions.
8. Information we require before you can start in the volunteer role.
Before you can commence the volunteer role, we need the following information: (insert background checks required including CV, ID checks, reference checks, police checks, licence checks, etc.)
9. Volunteer expenses and other benefits
As a volunteer in the 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championship will provide you some (no money reimbursement) that will save costs that you incur when performing authorised tasks associated with your role.
We do this to ensure that you are not financially disadvantaged because of your volunteer position with us. These benefits are not remuneration or wages.
Among others we provide you with these benefits as part of your volunteering role (as the training courses when needed, free lunch, social events assistance, clothing, gift or presents).
Where this occurs, it is on a gratuitous basis at the discretion of the organisers and is not payment in lieu of salary.
We are committed to providing adequate insurance cover for volunteers whilst carrying out their volunteering roles that have been approved and authorised by use.
To ensure this insurance covers you for any incidents that occur while you are volunteering with us, you need to: (include details of what the volunteer needs to do, e.g. report an incident as soon as it has occurred, sign in each time you volunteer etc.)
We want to let you know that the following events are unlikely to be covered by our insurance:
- actions that are beyond the scope of your volunteer role, or that occur without appropriate authority or permission from us.
- criminal activity (including criminal charges arising out of driving incidents).
- dishonest or reckless activities.
11. Intellectual Property
All volunteers at the 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championship agree to transfer all intellectual property rights and interests (including copyright) in any ideas or materials they create relating to their provision of voluntary services at the event.
Volunteers are taken to consent to 2023 EUROSAF Inclusive European Championship organisers use of such creations in a manner reasonably contemplated by the voluntary services provided under this document. As a volunteer you also agree not to bring any claim for infringement of your moral rights in respect of that use.
Please sign to acknowledge that you have read this Volunteer Agreement and have had an opportunity to ask questions.
Volunteer full name: ___________________________________________
Volunteer signature: ___________________________________________